The Curious World Tour Kicks Off June 26!
This sounds like a totally fun event! Just imagine a mobile and interactive playful and learning experience!
Houghton Miffin Harcourt’s The Curious World Tour kicks off in Brooklyn, New York on June 26 and ends on the West Coast in August.
Partnering with the Association of Children’s Museums (ACM) and the Ultimate Block Party, the tour will go through eight cities – San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, San Diego, Sacramento, Oakland, San Francisco and Los Angeles.
The Curious World Tour will take place in a colorful vehicle and will have interactive, multi-disciplinary educational activities, including:
● Curious World HQ: The welcome truck with a giant map featuring videos of children saying “hello” in multiple languages, where adventure leaders will give children the opportunity to plan and document their Curious World Tour journey with a Curiosity Log.
● Story Camp: A tented library featuring HMH characters and award-winning stories – like Curious George, Gossie and Gertie, and the Five Little Monkeys – inviting kids to relax on tree-trunk stools and open up their imagination for story time.
● Community Garden: An outdoor space for kids to engage in various food-learning exercises, such as planting their own seeds in a decorated pot that they can take home to water and watch grow.
● Space Station: An extraterrestrial area expanding kids’ minds, encouraging them to think beyond planet Earth with the opportunity to make alien puppets, build space shuttles and learn about constellations in rocket ship light brites.
● Jungle Jamboree: A play area with an open stage featuring special appearances by Curious George and others, where kids will learn about sound, rhythm and tunes on an interactive music wall.
● #SparkAMind Color the World: A collaborative mural to help kids express their artistic side and learn about team work as they color in their favorite HMH characters alongside a local artist. Murals will be donated to education institutions and organizations that serve children and families in each local community.
In each station, young learners will be able to experience for themselves the power of playful learning inside HMH’s new interactive content service, the Curious World App. This ever-growing library of learning videos, books and games for children ages 2-7, as well as inspiration for offline activities and tools for parents to be involved in their child’s learning journey.
Find out more: Curious World Tour