Kohl’s Keeps Kids Reading This Summer For $5
When you visit Kohl’s be sure to look out for the Kohl’s Cares cause merchandise. You’ll find hardcover books The Cool of the Pool and Dinosaurumpus! by Tony Mitton, Giraffes Can’t Dance by Giles Andrede and Guy Parker-Rees illustrated books as well. Coordinated plush frog, monkey and giraffe toys are also for sale at just $5 each at Kohl’s stores nationwide and at Kohls.com.
New to the collection is the Down by the Cool of the Pool tote bag for just $5 too.
The Kohl’s Cares cause merchandise program gives 100 percent of the net profit from the sale of the featured books and plush toys to benefit kids’ health and education initiatives in communities nationwide. Since the program’s inception more than 10 years ago, Kohl’s has raised more than $208 million to help kids.
Plus – Kohl’s is treating adults to a tasty way to support children’s health and education… with the POPS! Icy Treats for Everyone cookbook by Krystina Castella and Good Housekeeping: Grilling cookbook. Both are also available for $5 through the Kohl’s Cares program.
Here’s a recipe from the POPS! book to try:
Peanut Butter and Sesame Raspberry Pops
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup plain yogurt
1 cup milk
4 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups raspberries
2 cups raspberry juice
4 tablespoons sesame seeds
(Makes six 8-ounce pops or eight 6-ounce pops)
1. Combine the peanut butter, yogurt, milk, 2 tablespoons of the honey, and the vanilla extract in a food processor or blender; process until smooth.
2. In a spouted cup, combine the raspberries and raspberry juice.
3. Partially fill the pop molds with the peanut butter mixture. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
4. Partially fill the molds with the raspberry mixture. Insert the sticks. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
5. Fill the molds with the remaining peanut butter mixture. Freeze for at least 8 hours.
6. Remove from the freezer; let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before removing the pops from the molds.
7. Spoon some of the remaining honey around the rim of each pop. Sprinkle sesame seeds in the honey to coat. Enjoy peanut butter and jelly flavors in a whole new package!
The products are available for sale until the end of June.